Fire door safety in education
It is important that fire doors in education establishments are held open in a safe and secure way. With a high volume of staff and students travelling through corridors, the busy nature of schools often leads to fire doors being wedged open to improve ease of access. As schools, colleges and universities reopen after lock down, holding open internal doors can also help mitigate the spread of COVID-19 through preventing door handle contact, increasing ventilation and providing better access to help with social distancing.
Why hold fire doors open?
- Prevent door handle contact to mitigate COVID-19 spread
- Improve ease of access through busy corridors
- Remove the danger of fire doors being wedged open
- Make heavy and cumbersome fire doors easy to open
- Reduce the risk of injury from heavy fire doors closing too quickly
Why install a wire-free fire safety system in schools?
- Reduce maintenance costs as well as providing the highest level of fire door security and control to protect staff, children and visitors
- Installing fire door holders and/or closers into your school or college will ensure that in the event of a fire, the fire doors will close automatically.
- Closing fire doors prevents the spread of smoke and flames travelling from room to room.
- Unable to install hard-wired devices due to building infrastructure or risk of disturbing asbestos
- Have installed a voice fire alarm which are not compatible with sound activated fire door devices