Fire door safety in education
Fire Safety in Education
It is important that fire doors in education establishments are held open in a safe and secure way. Often members of staff will wedge open the fire doors to relieve the daily rush of young people in corridors.
Why hold fire doors open?
- Improve access through your busy corridors
- Remove the danger of fire doors being wedged open
- Make heavy and cumbersome fire doors easy to open
- Reduce the risk of injury from heavy fire doors closing too quickly
- Unable to install hard-wired devices due to building infrastructure or risk of disturbing asbestos
- Have installed a voice fire alarm which are not compatible with sound activated fire door devices
Why install a wire-free fire safety system in schools?
- Reduce maintenance costs as well as providing the highest level of fire door security and control to protect staff, children and visitors
- Installing fire door holders and/or closers into your school or college will ensure that in the event of a fire, the fire doors will close automatically.
- Closing fire doors prevents the spread of smoke and flames travelling from room to room.