Fire Safety in Care Homes
Whatever healthcare setting you work in, a care home, hospital, doctors surgery Geofire can help you with your fire door safety needs.
There are many reasons fire doors are held open in care buildings, however, wedging a fire door open is removing critical fire suppression equipment which stops the spread of smoke, toxic fumes and fire. Compliance with fire safety can be achieved in this situation with a fire door holder or hold-open closer which will close the fire door in the event of a fire. Fire door holding devices stop members of staff and residents wedging open the fire doors illegally.
- Improve access through corridors for trolleys, wheelchairs and equipment.
- Make heavy and cumbersome fire doors feel lightweight and easy to open for young, frail or older patients.
- Reduce the feeling of isolation from closed bedroom doors.
- Reduce the risk of injury from heavy fire doors closing too quickly trapping fingers or pushing people over.
Benefits of installing wire-free fire safety systems?
- Remove the danger of fire doors being wedged open.
- Compliance with fire regulations.
- Cost effective compared to hard wiring as no cabling required or installation by a fire alarm professional.
- Hygienic as devices are off the floor.
- No disturbance to the fabric of the building.
- Reduced maintenance costs as well as providing the highest level of fire door security and control to protect staff, residents and visitors (Salamander radio controlled system).
- Works with a voice fire alarm (Salamander radio controlled system).
Compare the features of our wire-free options here > Wire free door holder comparison