Geofire > Products > Salamander Wire Free Electromagnetic Fire Door Holders
INNOVATORS OF FIRE TECHNOLOGY
‘SALAMANDER’ is a system of battery powered, magnetic fire door holders controlled by radio signals from a central controller using patented Geofire technology.
The controller is mains powered and is linked into the building’s fire control system. The system enables fire doors to be legally held in an open position to give ease of access through a building, in compliance with the Disability Discrimination Act. It also complies with the most stringent class of the very latest Code of Practice for door release mechanisms BS 7273 Part 4 Category A.
Unlike conventional fire door holders, no wiring
has to be run through the building, making the system cost effective and convenient to install.
SALAMANDER IS THE SAFE LEGAL AND COST EFFECTIVE SOLUTION
- Automatically releases all fire doors when fire alarm sounds or in the event of a radio failure or low batteries.
- Self-monitoring of RF signal, battery and mains supply.
- CE approved under the CPD (construction products directive) and suitable for installations meeting BS7273 Part 4 Category A.
- Restriction free movement around the building in line with the Disability Discrimination Act.
- Prolongs fire door life as the system is designed to leave the doors in the open position. This means the door is far less susceptible to damage.
- Labour costs reduced by 90%
- Minimum disruption
- No unsightly cables.
- Fitted easily and quickly.
- Portable - can be moved to individual doors as needed.
- Booster units easily added to cover large installations.
- Mounting stands, chain mounted keepers and floor mounting brackets available to assist installation.
- Innovative magnet conserves battery power.
- Expected battery life of up to two years.
- Visible indication of battery and radio strength for any door holder
Image & Downloads
Click image above to download the user guide.
Download .pdf Datasheet Download .pdf Booster Instructions Download .pdf Quick Fit Instructions Download .pdf Troubleshooting
(Password needed to view file) Download .pdf Radio Survey Instructions
(Password needed to view file) Download .pdf EC Declaration of Conformity You need Adobe Acrobat reader to view
.pdfs files. Download it here
• Salamander Wire Free Door Holders
• Wall Mounted Electromagnetic Fire Door Holders
• Decorative Wall Mounted Door Holders
• Conquest Fire Door Holders
• Floor Mounted Door Holders
• Universal Floor, Wall and Ceiling Mounting Electromagnetic Door Holders
• Weather Proof IP65 Door Holders
• Fire Door Sentry
• Fire Door Magnet - USA Specification
• Holding Magnets
• Smoke Vent Automatic Winch
• Weather Proof IP65 Door Holders PDF
• Smoke Vent Automatic Winch PDF
• Salamander Wire Free Door Holders PDF
• Holding Magnets PDF
• Conventional Door Holders PDF
• Decorative Wall Mounted Door Holders PDF
• Floor Mounted Door Holders PDF
• Fire Door Sentry PDF
• Universal Magnetic Door Holders PDF
• Fire Door Magnet - USA Specification PDF
A division of the Stephenson Gobin Group